New York Times & New York Times Historical Newspaper This link opens in a new window New York Times
: Find breaking news, multimedia, reviews & opinion on Washington, business, sports, movies, travel, books, jobs, education, real estate, and more. Access historical New York Times
content using the TimesMachine
: full text cover-to-cover scans of the US's "newspaper of record" from its 1851 first issue to 2002.
First time user: To access to content, you need to first register for an NYT account.
1. Use the database name link above.
2. Select Create Account
and complete the registration fields. Sign up with your CCC email address.
3. You will receive a confirmation email.
4. Follow the provided link to verify your email. If you do not receive an email, using your CCC email account, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Academic Pass - no verification email”. They will resend the email to you.
5. Once registered, you may access NYTimes.com and NYT mobile apps from any location on any web-enabled device. (Registration may take a few minutes to process. If you can’t sign in, wait a few minutes and try again.)
1. Select the database name linked above.
2. Select Log In.
3. Log in with your CCC email address and password.
4. Select "Go to NYTimes.com"
Note: Site passes will expire after 365 days. To renew, you will have to activate a new pass using the database link above.